What are the benefits of Online Banking?
With online banking you will have:
- Convenient online access to all your accounts: checking, savings, money market, certificates of deposit, installment and mortgage loans.
- An optional online bill payment service offered through CheckFree that allows you to pay all of your bills online in minutes.
- Immediate funds transfer between accounts and immediate payments to loans at Norwood Bank.
- Ability to export your transactions into Microsoft Money or Intuit’s Quicken.
- Ability to view electronic copies of your monthly statements.
- Ability to view the front and back of cancelled checks.
- Ability to set message alerts.
- Ability to track spending and categorize transactions.
Is there a fee?
Our online banking service is provided to all Norwood Bank customers at no cost. There is no charge for exporting information to Microsoft Money or Intuit’s Quicken or into another personal financial management program that supports QIF (Quicken Interchange Format) data files or to a spreadsheet using Comma Delimited Format.
Our CheckFree bill payment application offers some optional services where service fees do apply. Applicable fees will clearly be displayed during the payment process.
The service fee optional services include specific biller same-day electronic bill pay and next-day check bill pay, Popmoney person-to-person payments and external account funds transfers.
Are my e-mails to Norwood Bank secure?
No. Your e-mails to Norwood Bank are not secure. If you email a request to Norwood Bank, please include your name and address, and the best way to reach you, but do not include other personal information such as account numbers or PINs.
Who should I contact with account questions?
You may call our Customer Service Department for questions regarding new accounts at (781) 440-4257 or our Deposit Operations Department for questions on existing accounts at (781) 440-4259.
Who should I contact with electronic banking questions?
You may call our eBanking Support Team for questions regarding any one of our electronic banking services at (781) 440-4260 Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, excluding holidays.
eBanking Support can assist you with answers to questions involving online banking, mobile banking, and CheckFree bill pay services, as well as, assist you with questions you may have regarding our MasterCard debit card and automatic withdrawal and deposit payment services.
What happens if I forget my password or enter it incorrectly?
If you have forgotten your password you can opt to use the “Forgot Password?” link found on the online banking picture and password entry screen. Once selected, you will be prompted to enter your Access ID in the window provided. An automated email in response to your request will be sent to your email address on record. For your protection, this option will require that you change your password the next time you log into online banking.
For your security, your online account access will become locked after three unsuccessful attempts on two consecutive occasions. To unlock your online account access, please call our eBanking Support Team at (781) 440-4260 Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, excluding holidays.
What happens if I forget the answer to my security questions?
For your protection, when logging in to online banking from unregistered devices your online account access will become locked after three unsuccessful attempts at answering your security questions. To unlock your online account access, please call our eBanking Support Team at (781) 440-4260 Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, excluding holidays.
How do I sign up for Online Banking?
Go to the Norwood Bank home page and click on the blue “Enroll Now” link located within the online banking log in section at the top right of the screen. To begin, complete the application by entering all the required information and submit electronically. Immediately following successful submission of your enrollment page you will be guided through a step-by-step security process which, once completed, will give you immediate access into online banking.
How do I sign up for CheckFree Bill Payment?
You must have a checking account with Norwood Bank in order to use our bill payment service.
If you are newly enrolled for online banking, your checking account relationship will be reviewed. Once you see a “Bill Payment” tab at the top of your online banking window simply click on the link and follow a few simple steps to activate the bill payment service.
Who can sign up for CheckFree Bill Payment?
Any Norwood Bank customer with a checking account in good standing will be given access to our CheckFree Bill Payment service.
What happens if there is more than one account owner?
Each account owner, whether jointly or separately held, may enroll individually in online banking and be given CheckFree bill payment access. Once enrolled you will only have online access to accounts that have you identified in our system as the owner. A single CheckFree bill payment account cannot be shared between two separate online banking users.
Who can use Online Banking?
Any customer of Norwood Bank with any type of a deposit account or loan can sign up to use online banking at no charge. There is also no charge for exporting online banking information onto Intuits Quicken, Microsoft Money or other money management tools that utilize QIF or Comma Delimited format.
What are the operating system requirements for online banking?
The following operating systems are qualified for our online banking application:
- Microsoft Windows 7 – 32 bit – All Editions
- Microsoft Windows Vista – 32 bit – Business
- Microsoft Windows XP – 32 bit – Professional Edition
- MAC OS
What are the browser requirements for online banking?
The following browsers are qualified for our online banking application:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 to 10.0
- Google Chrome 9.0
- Chrome 15.0 & 16.0
- Apple Safari 4.0 to 5.0 for Mac
- Firefox 3.5 to 8.0
- Opera 10.0 to 11.0
How can I find out my browser’s version?
Go to the Main Menu at the top of your browser and click “Help.” Then click “About Your Browser Name”. You will see the version in the text that appears on the “About” screen.
How secure is Online Banking?
Norwood Bank has installed a dedicated server for online banking and a firewall which act as a barrier between the Internet and Norwood Bank’s internal systems. All incoming information is routed through the firewall which verifies the source and destination of all information which is modified in a special way to permit access. This system also records all activity including sign-on, sign-off and any unsuccessful access attempts. This system is further monitored 24 hours a day so that any suspicious activity may be immediately identified. There are a number of other steps that have been taken to ensure the security of this data and your transactions including real time reporting, automatic shutting down of your session if there is no activity for a set period of time and encryption.
What is encryption?
All information that is transmitted to us or from us is encrypted. This means that your information is scrambled while it is on the Internet so that it can be kept private and accessible only to you and to Norwood Bank. This is why we recommend you use the latest version of your Microsoft Internet Explorer or any other browser and make certain that your encryption is at 128 or higher.
What can I do to increase my security?
You can provide additional security for online banking transactions. Here are some steps to consider:
- Always utilize the latest version of your browser, either Microsoft Internet Explorer or any other browser. If you are uncertain of the version you are using, go to “Help” on the menu bar and check.
- Do not disclose either your online banking Access ID or Password to anyone and do not write them down where they may be easily found. Change your password frequently.
- Do not leave your computer unattended after you have signed on. If you are going to have to leave your computer, be certain to log off of online banking completely by closing all active browser windows.
- Be sure to utilize anti-virus software as well as malware software on your system and keep this type of protection software updated regularly to best protect your systems against unwanted intrusion. Remember to keep your operating system and internet browser software protected as well by also scheduling regular updates to these applications.
- Do not register non-personal (i.e. office workstations) or portable type devices (i.e. laptops, tablets, and smart phones) that are used for online banking internet access.