Make a Difference!
At Norwood Bank, every employee is valued. Be part of a highly motivated team at our Norwood, MA location; enjoy excellent benefits; and gain the pride that comes from knowing you make a difference.
Open Positions: Compliance Specialist
The Compliance Specialist, under the direction of the President/CEO, is responsible for managing the Bank’s compliance program. Develops and conducts all training activities related to compliance and BSA/AML issues.
• Develop, implement, maintain and coordinate the Bank’s efforts to comply with federal and state banking laws and regulations to maintain an effective risk based Compliance Management Program. Perform ongoing compliance monitoring. Coordinate and distribute the implementation of new banking regulations and review proposed advertisements prior to publication for compliance assurance.
• Develop and maintain a regulatory document which includes references to current regulations and interpretations, supervisory agency examination handbooks and training materials.
• Serve as a resource to all bank personnel regarding questions on compliance issues, laws and regulations. Provide regulatory guidance to Senior Management and the Compliance Committee regarding changes to existing products or services, as well as in the creation or adoption of new products and services. Utilizes legal counsel for further research or developing opinion letters, if necessary.
• Serve as BSA Officer, responsible for administration and oversight of the Bank’s BSA/AML Program.
• Perform all internal training as it relates to compliance and monitor to ensure that compliance training for affected departments is completed annually. Provide training to the Board of Directors. Attend training sessions, webinars, compliance schools as necessary to maintain a current working knowledge of current, changing, and pending Federal and State Regulations. Maintain memberships with and attend various meetings of Compliance Networks.
• Conduct prefunding and post-closing Fannie Mae Quality Control reviews for Residential Lending.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in business related field of study.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in banking environment, preferably in Compliance, BSA/AML or as a Regulatory Examiner.
• BSA/AML, Compliance or Risk certifications from the ABA or equivalent. Prior regulatory exam experience a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of federal and state regulations in consumer lending, retail banking operations and compliance management.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form the important elements of complex regulation laws to different levels of bank staff.
• Effective writing, analytical, management planning, decision making, organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills.
• The ability to work independently and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Detail-oriented with strong research skills.
• Must possess strong technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software including excel, word, PowerPoint and outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.