Make a Difference!
At Norwood Bank, every employee is valued. Be part of a highly motivated team at our Norwood, MA location; enjoy excellent benefits; and gain the pride that comes from knowing you make a difference.
Open Positions: Vice President Deposit Servicing
At Norwood Bank, every employee is valued. Be part of a highly motivated team and enjoy excellent benefits and gain the pride that comes from knowing you make a difference.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in coursework or experience. 7-10 years of Deposit Servicing, Electronic Banking and/or Retail banking experience including supervisory work. Must have good working knowledge of business banking products and services and be proficient in Microsoft Office as well as detail oriented. Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
The VP Deposit Servicing is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of the Deposit Servicing Department in conformance with Bank strategies, policies and procedures. This position is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of operational workflows and for developing, implementing and enforcing sound operational processes, practices and procedures in collaboration with other individuals and departments. This position will report to the SVP Business Banking Manager.
- Oversee, direct and manage the activities of the Deposit Servicing Department and ensure conformance with the Bank’s strategic direction, policies, practices and procedures. Recommend solutions and implements approved products, services and procedures to improve effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Manages various products, services and operations to provide a superior level of service, support, functionality and convenience to current and prospective customers as well as to employees, service providers and others. Maximizes customer adoption of products and services and manages operations to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty, increase revenue, reduce expense and mitigate risk.
- Manage the process of paying and returning checks, ACH items and other items as well as the processing of return deposited items. Ensure that processing and associated adjustments are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the Bank’s policies, practices and procedures and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the image capture, balancing and settlement of negotiable items deposited including check image repair, encoding, corrections and adjustments.
- Manage wire transfer activities including the input, verification, approval and credit/debit of incoming and outgoing wires and risk and compliance considerations in accordance with the Bank’s Wire Transfer Policy and the “Wire Transfer Operating Policies, Practices and Procedures”.
- Handle ACH activities conducted by the Bank as both a Receiving Depository Financial Institution (RDFI) and as an Originating Depository Financial Institution (ODFI). Retain overall accountability for monitoring and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of critical ACH operations, analyzing data and reports relevant to ACH operations and transaction processing and for the processing and escalation of exceptions. Ensures that ACH activities are conducted in accordance with the Bank’s “ACH Services Policy” and the “ACH Operating Policies, Practices and Procedures”.
- Develop and implement approved deposit accounts and services and makes changes to existing deposit accounts and services in collaboration with other individuals and departments and with the assistance of Fiserv, the Bank’s core data processing vendor. Responsible for ensuring that all deposit accounts and services are implemented or modified in accordance with all compliance and regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deposit accounts and services are implemented or modified in accordance with all compliance and regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for the proper completion of a variety of operations related processes including but not limited to deposit account and service related maintenance, escheatment, the W-8 and W-9 back-up withholding process, quality assurance processes, document imaging, research requests and verifications of deposit.
- Responsible for system administration and application management within Deposit Servicing. Monitors system and application activity and performance; escalates problems and outages as appropriate; implements updates and enhancements. Responsible for user access controls, security, maintenance, updates, disaster recovery of application. Performs and responds to internal and external audits and reviews.
- Manage the timely processing and response to liens, levies, garnishments, executions and any other type of legal service received by the Bank in accordance with the Bank’s policies, practices and procedures and applicable compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the Bank’s primary vendor liaison responsible for maintaining vendor relationships and for keeping current on vendor initiatives in all matters related to Deposit Servicing.
Norwood Bank offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Flexible spending account
• 401 (k) Retirement plan
• Pension Plan
• Paid holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
Contact Nancy Folan, VP Human Resource Manager to set up an interview at email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.